Admission Nurse (RN), Full Time 40hrs/wk
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time 40
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- FT, 40 hours/wk, 11am-8pm
Casa de la Luz has been providing Superior Care for over 21 years and
has grown to become the leader in hospice care services in Southern AZ!
Casa de la Luz is also the recipient of The Arizona Daily Star's 2020 Reader Choice Awards for
"Best Hospice Care" and "Best Workplace Culture!"
Do you love being able to connect with your patients and feel that you're making a difference?
Do you have the personality to "share" and educate about the benefits of hospice, are compassionate,
and appreciate the challenges of caring for the terminally ill as well as the many benefits and rewards?
IF SO, COME JOIN OUR ADMISSION RN TEAM!
Position is Full Time 40 hours/wk, 11am-8pm
*This position offers Competitive Pay, Mileage Reimbursement, PTO, Paid Holidays and Excellent Full Time Benefits!*
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. This year, Casa de la Luz Hospice is celebrating 21 years of providing compassionate and superior care and has established an outstanding reputation within Southern Arizona. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our commitment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
Our Admission RN's play a crucial role and are an essential part of the team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. The Admission RN is often the first hospice personnel to visit a patient. They spend a lot of time with patients and their caregivers explaining this hospice philosophy and developing a plan of care. They are responsible for assessing a patient's need and readiness for hospice and consults with the hospice physician to accept the patient into hospice care.
Position requires a mid-day work schedule and alternating weekend availability.
The Admission RN is responsible for all aspects of the admission process for new patients. They are a member of the interdisciplinary team, reporting to the Admissions Supervisor for assigned functions related to admissions of patients, provision of services information and liaison with inpatient and outpatient institutions and groups identified as sources of referrals consistent with Casa de la Luz policies and procedures. They are responsible for the assessment, planning and coordination of services for admission of patients to Casa de la Luz's program of care.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Process all inquiries for admission to Casa de la Luz's hospice program using hospice laptop computer, at point of service, where patient is located.
- Determine patient's appropriateness for Casa de la Luz services consistent with Casa de la Luz service policies and admission criteria and in conjunction with patient's physician and hospice physicians.
- Make telephone contact and/or assessment visits with potential hospice patients to provide information on Casa de la Luz services and/or assess patients status.
- Plan for admission and/or admit patients to Casa de la Luz in coordination Admission's Supervisor and/or Patient Services Supervisor.
- Serve as Casa de la Luz staff liaison with physicians, hospital/institutional nurses, social workers, discharge planners and community agencies.
- Implement and coordinate services required for discharge of patients from hospitals into Casa de la Luz's program of care.
- Provide information regarding Casa de la Luz's program of care and services to patients, physicians and other sources of referrals.
- Work with various community agencies to facilitate the delivery of appropriate services for potential Casa de la Luz patients.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Arizona RN license and CPR certification.
- Current/valid drivers license and automobile insurance that meets the requirements of the State of Arizona.
- Recent nursing experience (acute care, home health and/or hospice is PLUS!).
- Previous experience using electronic medical records.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Proficient computer skills.