CNA/LNA, In Patient Unit, Full Time, Friday-Monday, 11pm-7am
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time 32
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- Friday-Monday, 11pm-7am
Casa de la Luz has been providing Superior Care for over 21 years
and has grown to become the leader in hospice, palliative, and bereavement care services in Southern AZ!
If you are compassionate and appreciate the challenges of caring for the terminally ill
as well as the many benefits and rewards - please apply today and join our growing team of dedicated professionals!
Casa is currently hiring for a Full Time Inpatient Unit CNA/LNA
Schedule: Full Time, 32 hours, Friday-Monday, 11pm-7am
Location: Casa at the Hacienda Inpatient Unit
Excellent Full Time Benefits Available, Including Health, 401(k), PTO, Shift Differential, and More!
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. Casa de la Luz Hospice has established an outstanding reputation for compassionate and superior care. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our commitment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
The Casa de la Luz Inpatient Unit is used for respite care and as a short-term alternative when symptoms, such as pain, agitation, nausea, etc. cannot be managed in the home setting. Here, 24-hour, on-site specialized medical and nursing expertise joins with compassionate emotional and spiritual care.The goal at the Inpatient Unit is to control the symptom so the patient can return home and be supported by the hospice home care team.
Under the direction of the IPU Patient Services Supervisor, the CNA/LNA performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. The LNA is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
Responsibilities of the CNA/LNA include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing personal care needs after given a patient's assignment and attending to their requests promptly.
- Meeting safety needs of patient and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, O2 etc.)
- Giving personal care including baths, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
- Assisting in dressing patients as assigned.
- Assisting in feeding the patient as assigned.
- Taking and recording temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing proper care and observation of patient's skin to prevent breakdown of tissue.
- Reporting on patient's condition and significant changes to the assigned supervisory nurse.
- Assisting in ambulation as instructed by the primary care nurse or therapist.
- Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals.
- Providing assistance as assigned with light laundry needs, including keeping the patient’s living area clean and orderly.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
- Adhering to the organization's documentation, care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Respectful of patient/family/caregiver environment and patient's personal needs.
- Adheres to Casa’s Mission, Core Values and Job Non-negotiables.
- Certified nursing assistant currently licensed through the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Previous experience required, home health or hospice preferred.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Is self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- As required by the State of Arizona, a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must have visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing, with considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Must be able to: lift, position and/or transfer patients; lift supplies and equipment.
- Must be flexible to assist either In Patient Unit, if needed