- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time 32
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- FT 32 hours/week
Casa de la Luz Hospice is looking for an Experienced Maintenance Worker to Join our Team!
Position is Full Time, 32 hours/week
Includes Excellent Full Time Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), PTO and More!
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. Casa de la Luz Hospice has established an outstanding reputation for compassionate and superior care. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our commitment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
The maintenance worker performs a wide variety of semi-skilled building maintenance and repair tasks.
- Performs building and related facility maintenance, repairs and general upkeep. Includes public and non-public use areas and parking lots
- Performs interior and exterior painting.
- Assists and carries out remodeling projects; installation of shelving, partitions, and furnishings.
- Responsible for tools, equipment, supplies and maintenance thereof.
- Performs custodial duties.
- Assists and performs routine duties such as carpentry, landscaping and general upkeep involving structures, furnishings, equipment, acoustical ceiling, plumbing and flooring.
- Makes daily supply and mail deliveries to other Casa locations.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repair methods, materials, tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of the operation of building mechanical systems, housekeeping and janitorial tasks and standards.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid Arizona driver’s license and insurance.
- Ability to perform building and facility maintenance and repairs, such as painting, carpentry, landscaping and general upkeep.
- Ability to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds.
- Ability to walk, sit, push, pull and move continuously during work hours.