Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice After-Hours (Per Diem, Part Time, Full Time)
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time 32
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- Per Diem, Part Time, Full Time
Casa de la Luz is celebrating 22 years of Superior Care and
has grown to become the leader in hospice care services in Southern AZ!
Casa de la Luz is Seeking Experienced RNs to Join its After-Hours Team.
Our dedicated After-Hours Team provides care for hospice patients in the community during the evening and weekend hours. They work from home, visit patients (as needed), and are an essential piece of Casa's mission to provide superior care (day or night).
If you enjoy connecting with patients and families and making a difference, APPLY TODAY and join our growing team!
Per Diem, Part Time, and Full Time Positions Available!
*This position offers Competitive Pay, Mileage Reimbursement, PTO, and More!
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. This year, Casa de la Luz Hospice is celebrating 21 years of providing compassionate and superior care and has established an outstanding reputation within Southern Arizona. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our commitment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
The After-Hours RN plans, organizes and directs hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The After-Hours RN responds to patient/family/caregiver needs during the evening, night or weekend hours of operation.
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family when assigned to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
- Re-evaluating patient/family/caregiver needs
- Revising the Plan of Care as necessary
- Completes, maintains, and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient’s condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate in electronic record, at point of service.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required, enters information in the electronic record.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, currently licensed in Arizona.
- Excellent observation skills, verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills; experience with electronic health records.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Arizona drivers license.