Registered Nurse (RN) -Hospice Inpatient Unit, Part Time, 3pm-11pm
- Job ID
- Regular Part-Time
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- FT, Wed-Fri, 3p-11p
Casa de la Luz has been providing Superior Care for over 21 years and
has grown to become the leader in hospice care services in Southern AZ!
Casa de la Luz is also the recipient of The Arizona Daily Star's 2020 Reader Choice Awards for
"Best Hospice Care" and "Best Workplace Culture!"
Casa de la Luz is currently seeking to hire a
Part Time RN, 24 hours:
at our Inpatient Unit, "Casa Hospice at the Hacienda"
Reconnect with the Reason you Became a Nurse!
*Shifts are 8 hours. PTO & Shift Differential Available!*
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. They built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. Casa de la Luz Hospice has established an outstanding reputation for compassionate and superior care. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our commitment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
The Casa de la Luz Inpatient Unit is used as a short-term alternative when symptoms, such as pain, agitation, nausea, etc. cannot be managed in the home setting. Here, 24-hour, on-site specialized medical and nursing expertise joins with compassionate emotional and spiritual care.The goal at the Inpatient Unit is to control the symptom so you can return home and be supported by the hospice home care team.
Under the direction of the IPU Patient Services Supervisor, the RN plans, organizes and directs inpatient hospice care. The RN identifies patient/family/caregiver needs and provides nursing and supportive care in accordance with the plan of care, and organizational policies and procedures. Responsible for directing inpatient unit CNAs.
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Initiates the Plan of Care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the patient’s Plan of Care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians orders as required.
- Teaches the patient/family as appropriate regarding end of life care.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists the patient/family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and Hospice Interdisciplinary Team Members to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family.
- Adhere’s to Casa Mission, Core Values and Job non-negotiables.
- Supervises Inpatient Unit LPN’s and CNA’s and delegates responsibilities when required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Arizona RN license and CPR certification.
- Current/valid drivers license and automobile insurance that meets the requirements of the State of Arizona.
- Recent nursing experience (acute care, home health and/or hospice is PLUS!).
- Previous experience using electronic medical records.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Must be flexible to assist either In Patient Unit, if needed